Carefully treasured in the heart of October is a very special day for me. It is the shared birthday of two of my daughters, born many years apart but joined forever in the unique gift of their amazing hearts and lives that bless our family deeply. I marvel at the similarity of their loving and sensitive hearts and their bright, organized and caring ways. They have so tenderly and thoughtfully been such special daughters and older sisters to so many. The day of their birth shared is a miracle of God's faithful care and love for me. It is a constant reminder of His love.
I married well into my thirties and thought that marriage to my husband would mean that I would never have children. I was hopeful that we could share the joy of the children from his first marriage, grown by the time we married. I entered those relationships gently, without expectation and full of concerns about all the negative fables of step relationships. Over many years now I am still constantly surprised and blessed by the way that both those children have deeply adopted me and given me a place in their hearts. Our oldest daughter has been incredibly generous in her outpouring of love for me beyond any of my expectations. It was no accident that our next daughter was born on her birthday. What an amazing gift as our miracle child was born on our oldest daughter's special day. Somehow it sealed deeply our love and relationship, giving deep hope and encouragement for the new beginnings of birth coming from struggle and pain and disconnection. Connection and love forever bound and tucked away in October. Happy birthday to my two oldest daughters who bring such wonder and joy to my life. God bless you deeply and richly.
What a blessing to be a part of God's incredible plan of love and redemption! Love to you always!
ReplyDelete<3