My friend is doing the triathlon on Monday. An amazing feat. I am always struck by the versatility and resilience that it takes to shift from swimming to biking to running. It is complicated. Those transitions and the shift from one race to another are demanding.
I cannot be there at this race, but I have been standing on the sidelines, cheering you on in many much more demanding races over the years. I have noticed your resilience and perserverance in the many transitions and challenges of your life. There have been lots of steep hills and shifting gears. Whole ways of moving have had to be changed as the race has moved in different directions and over different terrain. You have adapted and moved with faithfulness and commitment through the rough cold waters, windy steep roads and hard pavement of life. You have stumbled and fallen along the way. Some roads have been rerouted and others closed. There have been disappointments and frustrations. It has been hard when it seems like others go running by. The race is very different than the one you had dreamed of being on. You have shifted and kept on going.
I have noticed. I have prayed and I have cheered you on.
Enjoy the race on Monday. Take a snapshot in your heart and mind to hold as an encouragement and inspiration for the less obvious but no less demanding and challenging and worthwhile race that you run each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment