Thursday, 23 August 2012

A Milestone

Twenty one today.  My daughter in the mountains is celebrating her birthday.   Place a stone carefully on your trail  and remember the miracles and wonders of these years.  Like the Israelites after they crossed the Jordan.  They placed stones that helped them to remember God's care and faithfulness in parting the waters.

 I am celebrating and remembering too.  We were clearing land the day you were born.  We wanted to allow more light and to reveal the mountains.  I was tired and discouraged.  You were a week late. Even then, I liked to be in control and I wasn't.  Most birthings are not in our control.  Tears flowed and then it wasn't long before you started to make your arrival known.


Here at home we are placing our own stone in the garden to remember the special moments of life with you and to celebrate the amazing gift of you, our wonder full daughter and sister.   Radiant, Enthusiastic and Beautiful, inside and out.
I am thankful beyond words.
Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment