Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Refreshing!

One of my daughters has arrived home from journeys afar and as I went to snuggle with her before bed tonight she was busy refreshing her computer as she felt sure that I would have written a new blog post.  Somehow she felt she could not access it!  Even though she is now home here with me she wanted to know what I was thinking and thought the blog might expand on my thoughts these days.  She gave me lots of possible blog posts that she has been envisioning.  My reaction to chronic illnesses around here, feelings about various children, weekends away, my work and the fullness of these days were all possible insights that daughter had hoped my non-existant blog post might reveal.  I suggested that maybe it might be a good idea for her to write my blog as she has so many things she is hoping to discover.

Refreshing her computer did not pull up a new blog post.  I think it is time to push the refresh button on my heart and mind!  Refresh and release! There are almost too many thoughts and concerns rolling around in my crowded heart and mind these days.   I have not known where to begin in blog writing!

Though I do email and text various other children away on adventures, I know they want more than knowing I miss them.  They all want details and thoughts.

For now,  I am on refresh and release mode.  Thanks for reminding me of the need to regularly push that refresh button, dear daughter.  I so quickly slip back into piling up the concerns and busyness of daily life in my heart and mind.  We all need to push that button,  have a good laugh and release the clogging fullness of our days.

Tonight I will refresh.  It is too late for a good walk, but I will let go of all those things to do and consciously relax, renewing perspective in quietness and trust, walking forward in love and mercy.
Lately I have made many many trips driving along the almost overflowing banks of the Fraser River.  I pray that I may be increasingly like that flowing river, full to overflowing of nutrient rich refreshing waters of love.  I will imagine those waters tonight, flowing out to enrich and send love to so many.



No comments:

Post a Comment